Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had quite the Christmas. Grandma & Grandpa Winkler spent Christmas Eve with us, and even got up at 6:00 am to open presents. We had a huge Christmas dinner, and I was even able to eat some of it!



Morning Sickness is here with a vengeance. So far I've managed to keep all my food down, but I've had some pretty potent bouts of dry heaves. (sorry, tmi) The morning after Christmas we finally got new windows put in. I have been counting down the days (YEARS!) until I got my new windows, and alas! the smell of the caulk drove me out of the house. We all spent the night at my friend Dawn's house, then I spent the next few days in bed with the windows cracked open--with overnight temperatures in the low teens!!!



We still smell a bit like wet paint a week later, but I also no longer smell or hear the neighbor's deisel engine, so overall it is an improvement. If I ever need to replace windows again, I'm doing it in the spring or fall, and when I'm not pregnant. Of course, Marden's reply was that we're never replacing windows again--we're either staying here, or buying a house that already has decent windows.



I feel like it isn't a blog unless I include pictures, so here is one of my favorite family treasures. It is as close as I've ever gotten to sending out Christmas cards.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

(This is as close as Taft gets to eating mashed potatoes. They make him gag.)

No comments: