Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A short Dog Blog

We got new windows and sliding doors last week. (see the post below) When we installed the doors, we had them switched so they open on the right instead of on the left. When Taft noticed the switch, he commented that it might take a little getting used to, and I informed him he'd figure it out.

Well--a few days later the gate blew shut on the deck, and Shadow couldn't get in his doggie door. He went downstairs and stared at the sliding door until someone noticed he was there. Taft went over and opened the door--and Shadow just stood there, waiting for the other side to open. Taft called to him, and Shadow ran over, looked at him, and ran back to the other side, waiting for it to open. Taft called to him again and finally had to haul him, whining and dragging, through the open door. We think he now has it figured out, but it gave us a giggle when it happened. The question is, is Shadow officially an 'old dog', or can he still learn new tricks??

3 comments:

Tami said...

What a great dog story. I really enjoyed hearing that one. I had a little chuckle imaging the scene. You always share the great stories.

Kristin said...

Funny! Sounds like you guys are having fun at the start of 2008!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I was laughing right out loud when i read this story! It's such a great one! I love you Iralee!
~Callie