Monday, January 14, 2008

SEP's

We had a lovely time at SEP's. My kids have been on a rebellious streak. Seph & Felicity had very similar report cards, and similar teacher responses. They have "zero"es for all their homework, and 90-100% on all their tests. Hmm. I bit back my impulse to question the point of said homework, and instead we groveled and grinned and told them we'll do better next term. So far we're off to a good start, too. Seph went from zero reading minutes per month to 450 minutes in just the first two weeks. HOORAY for Harry Potter!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hilarious!! I love the "groveled and grinned and promised we do better next term" part. We have SO BEEN THERE. Reilly is one of those kids too. Very smart but doesn't do homework!! Aaarrgghh!!

Sorry for all your homeowners woes...you've got to love Murphy's Law!! But at least you've got something nice and new to look at.

Naomi said...

Parker had a less than stellar report card. One teacher said that he needed to stop talking to the girls so much in class. Talk about blast from the past. It makes it hard to come down on them. . . I think I had that comment more than once from teachers.