I've got the blues today. I had one really good day on Sunday, and I've been feeling tired and nauseated ever since. I'm going to make a list of things that make me happy, and see if it helps me shake the mood. This is in no particular order:
1. Puppy Tummies
2. The color of sunlight filtering through a tree
3. The look on Shadow's face when he checks to see if I'm done throwing up
4. Marden's jokes
5. Watching little kids sleep
6. Watching little kids play
7. Watching little kids do anything
8. Big fat snowflakes
9. My new comfy blankets
10. The smell of my friend's little girl's flannel jammies (I'm going to have to ask her what kind of laundry stuff she uses)
11. The sound of the wind through the trees
12. Hunan Broccoli Beef
13. Chicken Saag from bombay House
14. Cheesecake
15. The feel of Felicity's hand (a miniature of my own) slipped into mine.
16. Taft's midnight soliloquy's
17. Seph bending over for his goodbye kisses
18. Blogging
19. Writing
20. The way my dish cupboard looks when all the dishes are caught up.
21. Shadow
22. Going to lunch with girlfriends
23. Hanging out on the couch with Dawn
24. Getting hugs from any little kid, and knowing they trust me
25. Having Marden call me sweetie when I'm not
26. Hearing Marden whistle at me as I get in the shower (thanks for lying!)
27. Feeling the Spirit
28. Knowing I'm a daughter of God
29. Making someone laugh
30. Laughing
31. Singing really loud
32. Swinging on a porch swing
33. Watching Taft pass the sacrament
34. Having my RS president tell me my heart's in the right place (after I've just done something dumb...again)
35. Knowing that at the end of the blah, I'll have a delicious new baby to cuddle
36. Hearing my kids say "I love you"
37. Saying "I love you" to my kids
38. Teasing my kids' friends
39. Having so many kitchen cupboards (even if they still don't have doors)
40. Knowing that spring is coming
Well, it must have worked, because now I feel like I can go do another batch of laundry and actually take a shower.
Love to all,
Iralee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that you could come up with 40 things to be grateful for all before noon! Hang in there, and enjoy every step of the way--before you know it they will be in their terrible. . . I mean TERRIFIC TWO's!
Thanks, Na. I kinda surprised myself. My goal was five. Evidently this little trick really works!
You made me laugh!! I loved the "getting in the shower" one...I can so relate!! ;)
Great list...Gratitude does make a big difference.
P.S. Love the new blog color!!
Thinking of 40 gratitudes is a great idea. I could use that right now. I love the comment of Felicity's hand in yours. I think holding my little girl's hands. Dani thinks she is too old, but I don't. I wouldn't mind holding Josh's hand too. Great blog idea!
Post a Comment