Marden fixed the fridge. He only did a little bit of cursing, and now we're back to having two fridges. However--
I tried to vacuum Felicity's room, and the vacuum started smelling like burnt rubber. I decided it was time to put in a new belt and new filters. I went to Kmart first because it is closer and I had a store credit there, but they didn't have the belt--just the filter. So I bought what I could, and then figured out that I'd forgotten to use the store credit. URGH.
Off to Wal-mart, where they had most-but-not-all of what I needed. I discovered that you have to cut one of the big filters down to size for the little filter--they don't exist in-store.
I hurried home, where the kids had already started piano lessons with Grandma, and I spent the bulk of piano lessons working on "fixing" my vacuum. My dad had to help me get the new belt on because it was so much tighter than the old one. I pulled a bunch of hair and thread off the rollers, and tested it upside down. Man, did the roller whiz around fast! I was very impressed, and bolted everything back in place.
I set out to vacuum my floor with my newly improved vacuum, and was just congratulating myself on being so handy when that funky burnt rubber smell began to fill the room again, and I looked down to discover smoke oozing out of the top of my vacuum...
Dang.
We'll see how Marden is with vacuums, but I may have to get a new one. If I buy the same kind then at least I'll have spare filters, belts, and bags!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Quite the blogging spurt . . .
Bring it on!! Love hearing about the home misadventures. Ten bucks says that Marden can fix it!
As a matter of fact, Marden pulled the thing apart, did the EXACT repair I did (only his big fingers got the belt on without help) and suddenly the vacuum works!
We think when it might have flipped the belt and burned through it.
Looks like we owe you $10.
Post a Comment