Thursday, January 24, 2008

Let it Snow!

It is scheduled to snow all week. I love the snow, especially when I'm inside under a cozy blanket. I open all my new blinds so I can see out my new windows--it is so pretty out there! Mind you, I'm also looking forward to spring, but I'll take snow for a little while longer.
Life is often about perspective. I can look straight out and see my neigbor's carport-slash-workshop junk, or I can look up and see stark branches silhouetted against the mountains. I'm so glad there is so much beauty if I just look around.
I'm still not too good with the camera, but oh well--here's my attempt to capture the magic of our backyard in a snowfall, as well as a picture of our new windows from the front.

3 comments:

Tami said...

I would love to watch the snow. I really miss it sometimes. When it rains down here, we open all the doors and listen to the rain. If it snowed, we would do the same. We would play in it a little. The pictures look amazing. I love snow pics too. Enjoy the fun part of snow.

Naomi said...

I heard that you guys were really getting dumped on! How fun. We are coming up in February (7-9th)for a PCC corporate meeting/retreat. The kids can't wait to play in the snow!

Iralee said...

Na--We'll look forward to seeing you! The boys have a winter camp that weekend; is Parker game?

We have two fabulous sledding spots in town. It got warm this weekend, but I think more snow is expected. We'll take it, just for you!