I went to my first "real" ob visit today. It signals the beginning of the end for the long haul through the first trimester where you feel lousy but have nothing to show for it. (Sorry about the run-on sentence--it doesn't break down very well.) Somehow I start thinking that maybe I'm imagining the whole thing, and I'm not really pregnant, just sick or lazy.
Then Dr. Juchau pulled out his little doppler microphone, and there it was! A tiny token of proof that someone else is in this with me. I couldn't remember when I first heard the heartbeat with the other kids, and thought I'd been reading that we wouldn't hear it yet, so it was a surprise for me today--complete with a rush of emotion that I didn't quite expect.
Hi baby! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, Mommy! Even after five kids you are never quite prepared for how you feel when you hear that little thump, thump, thump.
It's moments like that when you realize that it is going to all be worth it. Just enjoy the process--all of it. What a special blessing for your family!
I'm so excited for you. I love to hear the hearbeat. It's a sign of life within you. It's fun to hear and feel that it is different from your own. That's for sharing it with us.
Awww...that is so sweet! I agree that that is when pregnancy feels "real".
I love that you are sharing this amazing journey with us!!
I am so happy for your family and dying to know the names you guys are considering!! ;)
Post a Comment