Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Covey of Cousins

My sister Naomi came up from California for a business conference. On Friday night, we had a sleepover with the cousins. When I was growing up, one of my favorite books was Eight Cousins. I thought it would be so cool to have all those built-in friends. Well, my kids are part of NINE cousins. Taft & Kurt are 13, Parker just turned 12, Hannah, Carrie and Seph are 11, and Sadie, Felicity, and Olivia are 9.


Felicity, Sadie, Seph, Hannah, Kurt,
Parker, (Shadow,) Taft, Carrie, Olivia

We all met at our house after school got out, and had pizza, video games, and a lot of noise. I finally got to a point where I barricaded myself downstairs with Shadow, but the kids had a great time. These cousins sure do enjoy each other!

Sadie, Olivia, Carrie & Felicity slept in the family room together, and Taft, Seph, Kurt, Parker & Hannah slept in Taft's room. It was 1:30 am before everyone was finally asleep, and they were back up again by 6:30 that morning. That is about the point where I started hiding with my dog for comfort and protection. I couldn't take the noise on less than 5 hours sleep!

Most of the time was spent playing game cube; I used to think video games were totally antisocial, but judging from the amount of noise and conversation, they were still definitely interacting with each other--it was just a bit virtual.



They also spent a little time outside, and a little time playing with other toys. Seph and Hannah had fun with our Magnamorphs (magnetic animals you can mix-and-match.) They had a great time with their creations.




I had to laugh--as soon as I started taking pictures, Parker and Livvie both asked me, "Are you going to blog this?" YUP!

Hmm, does Naomi (their mom)???

Thanks to all the parents for sharing their kids with us this weekend!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh!! What a fun post. It was so much fun to see all those Winklers. Refresh my memory...Sadie, Kurt, and Carrie are Matt's kids?? Looks like a blast!!

Kristin said...

I'm back again...who does Hannah belong to?

Iralee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iralee said...

Bummer. Some day I'll figure out how to edit my comments without deleting them.

Taft, Seph & Felicity are mine.
Parker & Olivia are Naomi's
Kurt, Carrie & Sadie are Matt's
Hannah is Betsy's

Tami said...

It's fun to have a lot of cousins. It's even better when they are close together in age. I wish that I had more cousins my age. How fun to have them all together.

Naomi said...

Olivia and I have been stalking your blog, waiting for these pictures to appear. So fun to see them all together!

I think you earned "Mom of the Year" for putting up with that whole crew on a sleep over! Glad that Shadow was there to comfort and protect! :)