I had a very nice Valentines Day, and I even got it a day early! Marden called me from work to say he was coming home for lunch, but that he'd be a little late because he needed to finish a few things first. I said that was fine, and went out to make some lunch. When he walked in the door, he had brought with him a gorgeous flowering plant, a valentines card, and a lemon meringue pie. I was so tickled. We hardly ever are able to pull off a surprise for each other, so I really enjoyed our early Valentines Day.
For years Marden has brought me a Jell-o Cheesecake mix for Valentines. Usually I get it the day after Valentines, but rarely has a year gone by without one. It is a tradition that goes clear back to a joke when we were dating. This year I mentioned off-hand that my tastes had "matured" and I wanted a real cake, not a Jell-o brand. (They just don't taste as good once you've had restaurant quality or Dawn-made ones!) Lemon Meringue was a great substitute!
Take a good look at the card. It has a dog on it! One of Marden's special talents is always finding a perfect card. I rarely find a card I like for him, but I always love the cards he gives me. They are just right, every time. Marden says he's competing with Shadow for "Most Devoted." I think he may be back in the running!
So what did I do for Marden? Not much. I felt lousy all week (we finally found out I have Strep) and I'm always lousy at finding cards I like. I had to be content with sharing the pie with him, and giving him a bag of Dove chocolates. Luckily, he knows I love him anyway.
3 comments:
Way to go, Marden! I am lovin' that pretty purple plant. Nothing to brighten up all that snow like some beautiful flowers!
Iree--look at you go, you are getting to be quite the blogger! I love it!!
Glad you finally found out what was wiping you out (other than my kids) and hopefully you will be feeling better, soon!
I'm with Na...you've got this blogging thing down!! Marden is a keeper. Isn't it nice when we are surprised by our husbands...in a nice way of course. I hope you are feeling better.
BTW...I think growing a baby trumps all other gifts for the whole year. Who needs to shop for Fathers Day, Birthday, Christmas, Valentines Day, Anniversary...you are pregnant!! It's the gift that keeps on giving right? ;)
Right on, Kristin--
"Happy Birthday, Marden. Here's a 10 inch belly."
For Father's Day I'll accessorize with an outie belly button!
Post a Comment