Aurora is three weeks old today. It has been both wonderful and exhausting. Our neighbors have been so incredibly generous--I'd been home for a solid week before people stopped bringing meals to us. The gifts keep coming, too. We feel very blessed and beloved.
I am recovering quite well. I have a few good people who keep reminding me not to do too much. The first part of this week we had a bunch of back-to-school events, and I wore myself out. I've had to spend some time doing some heavy-duty "I sleep when she sleeps" to catch up, but we're surviving.
Aurora went to her two-week checkup on Monday. This is the appointment where they want the baby to be back up to their hospital weight. Aurora was 7 lb 6 oz in the hospital, and she's up to 7 lb 11 oz, so all the nurses were very impressed.
I, on the other hand, have lost 20 lbs in two weeks. Of course, I gained more than that "over the summer" but recovery is all in good time. I'm doing pretty well at staying patient with myself, my baby, and my body.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and right now people probably want pictures more than words, so HERE SHE IS!!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Now We are Six
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That last picture of her with her hands under her chin--with her fashionable jewelry accessories is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I'm sure she is the most loved baby ever!!
Glad you are getting lots of attention, love, and rest!
She is so cute. I love the last picture. I'm glad that your feeling okay and she is doing well too. I loved the nap when they nap policy. The only problem is that I still like it
She is so adorable. I love the pictures of you and your family holding Aurora. Since you live so far away, it's neat to see them interact with her. The last picture of your sleeping beauty, Aurora, is classic. It was good to talk to you. We'll have to do it again. Enjoy her blessing day, that is a memorable day.
What a beauty! I love that last picture. So very precious. Congratulations to you all.
What an absolute cutie!! I love the bracelets. I'm with Na...that last picture is so darling I could eat it up!! Glad you are recovering!!
She is absolutely beautiful! You have such beautiful children, your right..... you have been blessed. Congratulations to your family.
Post a Comment