Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm Home!!

Aurora and I are home. We came home to a house with temperatures in the high 80's. Our brand-new air conditioner died on Friday, and the technicians couldn't figure out what went wrong. It took them two visits on Friday, a visit on Saturday, and another try this morning to get it fixed.

Marden and the kids had a hot weekend, but it was nice and cool in the hospital. Last night we finally unblocked the old swamp cooler vent and blew in outside air once it cooled down. We were welcomed by great enthusiasm by Shadow and the kids. Two friends showed up with dinner (one can be frozen), and Aurora slept great the first half of the night.

We both woke up around 4:00, and she got breakfast. She seemed to think she needed to eat for about two hours straight. We did diaper changes, spit-up changesand binky bouts, but she wouldn't settle in. Finally I ignored all the nurses echoing in my head and climbed into bed with her latched on. She went back to sleep and slept great, but I spent the rest of the morning with nightmares.

Sigh.

Marden greeted me in the morning with a massage for my tight muscles, a handful of vitamins, and his full attention. He has been awesome as usual through the whole thing. The kids have been super helpful too, so we're off to a good start. Everyone keeps reminding me to take it easy, so I've greeted a few visitors, gotten Aurora's picture on my blog, and I'm going back to bed!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

She is a beautiful girl! Everyone is so excited for you and your family. I love the first few days of having a baby. The family is so bonded and loves spending time together. We loved the pictures of Aurora. Congratulations!

Naomi said...

Princess Aurora is so beautiful! I am glad that you are home and that everything came out all right. The kids must be so excited! Congrats on your new little bundle of joy

Kristin said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your sweet little girl.