It has been a very busy summer. I haven't posted, or even done much emailing, for over two months. We've had swimming lessons, diving lessons, trek for Taft, and a host of other lovely blog topics, and I'm just too far behind to try to do them all! I'll just start anew instead.
Today is Saturday, July 26, 2008. I am now 38+ weeks pregnant. If she doesn't come (early) on her own this week, I think I'm being induced next Saturday. It still stresses me out a bit to choose to be induced--birth is suppposed to be a dragged-out tangle of uncertainty, and I worry I'm messing with Fate, but for a variety of reasons, we've decided to get it over with on or before August 2.
I think the baby's room is finally ready. I still haven't decided if I want a bassinet next to my bed for a while or not. It might be easier to drag myself out of bed and stagger down the hall to the sofa in her room than to try to find a comfortable propping position in bed. I'm only going slightly farther than the bathroom anyway, and I've already spent the past few months waking up and staggering down the hall three or four times a night anyway! Nothing new here.
The kids have been a HUGE help in getting ready. For the first time in I don't know how long, we've managed to keep most of the house fairly presentable. Taft loves it--he keeps suggesting we tidy up the playroom again, because he likes it all clean and spacious. Felicity occasionally mourns the fact that she only has (fill in the blank) more days to be the youngest, but mostly she's just impatient for her sister to get here. Seph doesn't express much, but he gets much more interested in the discussions we have about what she'll be like, or what labor is like, or other fun topics for older siblings. The other day he asked me if she still looks like an alien, or if she looks like a baby yet. I told him she definitely looks like a baby now. I hope I'm right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's good to hear from you. I can't believe you are already 38 weeks. We are so excited to have a niece in the family. Dani is so excited and asks about you and the baby constantly. I hope that everything goes well and we are so excited for you and your family.
I'm thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers!!
Post a Comment