Monday, March 24, 2008

Other Holidays and Special Events

Easter has been very busy. I'm not used to having it so close to St. Patrick's Day! I was in charge of the treat for the PTA on St. Pat's, so we did a treasure hunt for the Pot o' Gold--a tradition I got from my sister Betsy. I sent the kids all over the school, inside and out, and had them end up back at their desks for the treat.

It was fun, but since I had both Seph and Felicity's classes, I had to walk all around the school twice myself, setting up clues. This didn't even include the times I was locked out of our strategically locked-down school and had to circle the school to one of the open doors again. My strategically softening ligaments and stretched out tummy muscles got more of a work-out than they were willing to tolerate. I think the kids had a great time though.

We also finally bought a travel trailer that day. We've been shopping for one for about 6 years, and finally got it done. We bought it on St. Patrick's day, so I have decided it is the Paddy Wagon! The kids didn't have school on Friday, so they spent Thursday night in the trailer with the Smith kids. Marden got pictures the next morning at their french toast breakfast. It is nice when Marden takes the day off work--we get yummy breakfasts!


Taft spent the next night in the trailer with his buddies. No one came in complaining of the cold, so at least the heater works! We also went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks as a family. We had a good weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!! We have a tent trailer and our kids love to sleep in it and have picnics in it. Enjoy your new toy!!