Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

I was so busy posting about the other holidays I forgot to put on my Easter blog! Here it is a few days late(r).

We had a good Easter. I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting, so I put a lot more thought into Easter and the Resurrection than I would otherwise have done. I think my talk went well--I said what I'd wanted to say, and did it in the amount of time I'd been given. I also got to sing with the choir. It made for a nice worship service for me.

We hunted for our baskets after church, then Marden & I took a nap. I hadn't slept too well the night before, and we'd spent all day Saturday tidying up, so I was in need of some sleep. We left the kids outside with their candy and strict instructions not to wake me up unless it was blood, convulsions, or some other dire emergency.


That evening we had the local Winklers (minus Marti & Ricky who bailed & went to France) over for dinner and the hunt. It was really weird to have such a small group for the egg hunt. We had just seven grandkids plus Amanda (my nephew's daughter), but she made Grandma do the hunting. Here they are at the start line.

This year was pretty neat for our family because Marden found the golden egg for the first time, but he decided to leave it for one of the "teenagers"--and Taft found it! It was double the excitement for our family.

I love Easter! I hope everyone else had as great of a day as we did. I learned in Relief Society that Easter won't be this early again for over 200 years, and hasn't been this early for about 150 years. Truly a once in a lifetime event!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I was a bit of a humbug this year on the egg hunt. We did the baskets, and then a half-hearted egg hunt that ended up being more in the dark than was prudent. I always miss the Winklers when it comes time to hunt for eggs. It is so much more fun with the "golden egg" to hunt for. Way to go, Taft (Marden) for finding the golden egg!!