Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tennis at the park: A Brag Blog

It is late at night, and I am too tired to write any extremely clever captions, but I wanted to share some photos.

Taft is playing Junior High intramurals tennis. I am very impressed with him, because he has only had about 6 tennis lessons in a big group class through the community school, but when the junior high offered a tennis team, he jumped right in and gave it a try.

I was always too worried about failure to do that as a teen, so I'm very proud of him. We went to his first game, and started messing around with the camera. Ironically, we didn't get any decent pictures of Taft. First he was busy trying to figure out where to be and who to be partners with, then I couldn't get any pictures through the chain link fence. But I got these fun shots:
Behold, the Tennis Ball! I think this is Seph's hand, but I will have to double-check with the kids. I don't remember who took the picture.

I absolutely positively completely thoroughly love this picture. These are the silly sisters, Felicity and Aurora.


Sweet Seph is very good to our baby girl. She adores her brothers and her sister. I try to get pictures of the older kids just on their own, but that silly baby somehow keeps ending up in most of the shots.



I don't usually like pictures of myself, but I like this one. I just barely got a new haircut, so this picture is a little out of date, but this will simply be a "before" shot. I'll be adding a picture of my new "do" soon.



Here is one picture of Taft on the court. He looks so darn handsome in his tennis uniform that it about takes my breath away. I'm going to get decent pictures at the next game. I am very very very thrilled to be the mother of Taft, Seph, Felicity, and Aurora.

2 comments:

Tami said...

We love to hear about your kids, so brag A LOT! What cute pictures of your kids. I love the one with your girls. Doesn't that sound nice, your girls. GO TAFT!

p.s. Jim graduates Next week. YEAH!

Kristin said...

Happy Early Mother's Day!! What a sweet post. Go Taft...and could that little Aurora be any cuter??