I was reading my sister Naomi's Blog, and found out I've been tagged to tell you "Five Random Things" about myself. I'm not sure just how this thing works, but here goes...
1. I despise worms--any kind. Earthworms, redworms, tapeworms, slugs. I'm the mom who had pet rats for a while, and I will touch snakes, spiders, bats, and bugs. But I detest worms. Just looking at them makes my stomach squirm. I'm not sure why I hate them so bad, but it may go back to my days in the dell when we would find 6 inch slugs in the food storage room. YUCK! Then in my high school zoology class we learned about parasitic worms. Talk about grotesque! To this day, I have graphic nightmares about worms poking their insidious way through my skin.
2. My favorite song is "Five Hundred Miles" by the Proclaimers. I just think it is fun to listen to it. My kids all like it too, now.
3. I love curry and Indian food. My favorite dish is a Spinach Saag. I have to stick with mild, but that is because I like the flavors, not the heat! As a kid I was the biggest food fussy, and as an adult I've tried to be more open to new flavors (although I may draw the line at snails--see random fact #1.) Now I'm just a "food Snob." When I was pregnant with Aurora, I couldn't eat cold cereal, but I could down curry and Mexican! Weird.
4. I have weak ankles. I've sprained both ankles so many times that I can fall off a shoe and get another sprain. On the other hand, I think I've never broken a bone.
5. Right now my dream vehicle is a natural gas 12-passenger van that is two-tone black and white. I have this fantasy of traveling to the east coast with my whole family and Dawn's whole family. This vehicle would make it theoretically possible to do, since it would hold all of us. It is ugly, but functional. Of course I'm a little nervous about driving such a big vehicle....
There. Five Random Things. I tag Kathryn T., Mindy, Tami, Betsy, Beth, Renee, Sue and Marti. If you don't blog, just email me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have officially grossed me out on the rats/bats...eeww.
But...I have to say...Escargot is delish!! Truly my favorite food. Seriously. We make it every Christmas Eve. Yum.
The next time I'm in Utah we are meeting for Indian food!! :)
I am proud of you for your 5 things...but now you need to do what all dedicated bloggers do...a list of 100 random things. Very interesting.
Fun list! I really didn't know you had such strong feelings about the worm thing.
I am going to get some Thai for lunch just because something with curry sounds really good right now.
Post a Comment